Saturday 24 September 2011

My first custom quilt!!

I haven't blogged in almost two weeks! Only because I haven't had any finished quilts to put on here - although I have 6 at various stages of completion. I had a couple I was about to finish, when I had two custom quilt orders - my very first ones!! I finished one of these today - using fabric from Amy Butler's Love Collection. I really loved working with these fabrics and have a couple of ideas for quilts using the rest of my stash...


It's the same pattern (my own design) I used for my Lotus Garden quilt (it just works so well with Amy Butler prints). The sashing is Moda Bella Snow, and I free-motion quilted it with cream cotton thread. The binding is machine stitched to front and back (its a biggish cot quilt (about 40" x 60"), and the last one took about 4 hours to hand stitch - I'm really slow - so I decided to give machine stitching it a go - and it looks pretty good.)

No comments: