Sunday 5 February 2012

Choosing fabrics for (another) project

I spent tonight pulling out fabrics for a couple of commissioned quilts I'm starting. My lovely customer has been really great with the decision process and has sent me a few photos of her daughters' bedroom in which the quilts will live. This is a photo of the blind in their room, with the colours she'd like in the quilts.


I actually had a bunch of fabrics pulled together which matched these colours pretty well, so I have used most of them and added  a more as well.


I think I need to add a few more greens to it (possibly some Freebird by Momo?) but I think they'll work pretty well together. My client has requested a lot of white in it as well, so that should balance out the busy-ness of some of these prints. There are lots of my favorite designers there (Kate Spain, Heather Bailey, Momo, Jenean Morrison, Amy Butler) - and its nice working with a different palette from what I have been recently. The basic layout will be something like this quilt, but with thicker white sashing in the central panel. I'm planning on photographing lots and writing it up as a tutorial once I'm done.

xx Jess

1 comment:

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

I love it when people have something specific you can work off of, like that blind. Have fun with the new project!