Sunday 1 April 2012

Fresh Sewing Day and To Do First April


For fresh sewing day this month, I thought I'd look at my 'To Do First' list from March:

1. Make my two commissioned quilts (no deadline, but I want to get them done soon) - DONE. Woo hoo! I feel like they took forever, but when I re-read my fresh sewing day post from the first of March, I hadn't started putting them together. So I'm actually quite pleased I got them done within the month (just).  
2. Secret project (Deadline 30th March) - DONE. Can't reveal this yet, but it shouldn't be too much longer...
3. Swoon - make the other four blocks and then work out how the heck I'll quilt it (and what sashing colour to use - I'm thinking black at the moment ?!) No further work on this. To be honest, I've lost motivation and have other things I'll do first :o)
4. 4x5 Bee blocks (Due 15th April) - DONE

So pictures of my finishes for March:





And my To Do List for April:

I have had SO much fun picking out bundles of fabrics for these projects - I could seriously play with different combinations of fabric all day, every day :o)

1. Retro Flowers QAL 
using (probably mostly) this bundle of fabrics (well maybe not these exact ones, but it will involve purple, mustard, orange, teal, grey and black):


 2. A baby quilt using these fabrics:


Based around Meet the Gang, with a bunch of coordinating solids, plus a few other prints.

3. Stained QAL - I've cut all my fabrics for this and made one block. I'm using Saffron Craig's Magical Lands and have chosen a bundle of prints based on this.





4. To do absolutely first is a paper-pieced quilt (all will be revealed in a couple of weeks)

I'm linking up to Fresh Sewing Day at Lily's Quilts

Lily's Quilts



And To Do First with Lawson and Lotti



Lawson and Lotti



xx Jess

11 comments:

Annabella said...

Your stained quilt is going to be fab and so will your Retro Flowers quilt. You`ve accomplished so much. Have a great April.

Lucy | Charm About You said...

I love what you've done this month! The fabric bundles you've put together look amazing :)

Karen M said...

You have a great eye for color. I love the fabric bundles you have pulled together.

Catherine said...

I love the colours for your stained. I managed to get mine all sewn up, it was a long job, but so worth it

Cherie said...

Wow you got a lot achieved! Love those quilts!
Can't wait to see what you get done this month! =D

Nicky said...

Love those snail trails! And your future projects look great with those fabric choices !

ScissorsandThread said...

Love the quilts you made and looking forward to seeing what you turn those bundle of fabrics into!

Katy Cameron said...

Congrats on the finishes, and looks like a fun month planned!

Kelly said...

Love your March finishes, but am particularly looking forward to seeing the retro quilt in those fab fabrics!

Katie said...

I'm doing the retro flowers QAL too, I can't wait to get started! I'm looking forward to seeing your stained QAL quilt, I love the colours you've used!

Finding Fifth said...

'To Do First' is such a great idea to keep us motivated and kind of accountable. Your 2 commissioned quilts for March were HUGE! I am excited to see what your April projects produce because your fabric choices are delicious.