Most of my sewing this week has been my QAL block and tutorial, and some bee blocks.
For Stash Bee (August)
For Scrappy? Sew Bee It!
Today I had a few hours to myself, while the kids went off with off to do stuff with their dad (who got back last night, so they were pretty excited!). I finished quilting Sweary Tula, and I'm trying to decide what binding to use. I'll hopefully get it sent on Monday though (so not too much over the due date :o) ).
And then I got back to Groove - I have a feeling the quilting is going to take a loooong time, so I'm glad I've started now :o) I made the (very simple) back, basted it and started quilting. Apologies for the night-time photos... hopefully you get a bit of an idea. I'm not quite convinced on the blue bit, but I think overall it will look ok.
I am extremely happy with my thread matches. I bought an Aurifil colour chart with my last thread order, and I used that to match my solids with threads that I hoped would blend really well - they do beautifully.
I haven't done a whole lot, and my arms are already killing me - but I'm loving the textures. I don't usually starch my fabric this heavily, so it's weird quilting it - it sits quite flat. I think it will look completely different once it's washed. Oh, and I've chosen the colour with the smallest area for the pebbles - best decision ever. It will cause pain anyway ;o)
Hope everyone is having a great weekend