So sorry about the delayed post again, I've been distracted by other projects over the last few weeks and haven't worked on my MATO quilt for ages.
I did make one tonight, so I could share how I'm approaching these (insanely) teeny tiny blocks. I'm pressing all my seams open in these - I find my piecing is far more accurate if I press open, and since these are so small I think every little bit of accuracy will count over the whole border.
For the HSTs, I'm starting with 2" squares, marking the diagonal and sewing 1/4" away from both sides. Once pressed (open) I'm trimming down to 1.5".
For the little rectangles on the sides, top and bottom, I'm strip piecing and then cutting my rectangles to size.
I'm hoping to make lots of these over the next couple of weeks and try to catch up a bit - I haven't really done much more applique than I had in my last QAL post, I really think that will become a summer project :o)
I hope you're all having fun making this quilt. I am absolutely loving seeing how different each version is!