Thursday 7 November 2013

The great bee catch up

Over the last month I've been making a lot of bee blocks - I was so behind I had to make blocks from May for one of my bees (feel free to slap my hand here.) As of today though, I am completely caught up!

This is my September block for Stash Bee (using the Weathervane tutorial at Don't Call Me Betsy).


And September for Jules in Ausmod. Jules asked for two 16" blocks, made up of 16", 8" and 4" square in square blocks.


Jules' blocks #1


Jules' block #2

October's Stash Bee block is this pink and brown pinwheel.


And Jenn (aka Penny Poppleton) sent us some Constellations to make these beauties. I drafted paper foundations and paper pieced these (too many scary bias edges).



So I just have my November blocks to go. Stash Bee finishes up at the end of November, and we have a break until January in Ausmod so I will actually have December free!

If you are interested in joining Stash Bee next year, Danny is running signups at the moment. She has written some awesome posts covering everything you might want to know - head over to the Stash Bee blog to find out more :o)


xx Jess

14 comments:

Heather D. said...

Phew! Good for you for catching up. That's a lot of blocks!!

Ella said...

I need to catch up on some tomorrow! Nice work, miss!

ipatchandquilt said...

Wow, you have been really busy! I love those last two blocks! Great pattern!!!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

Susan said...

It must feel so wonderful to be all caught up! The colours in the Weathervane are quite jewel-like!

Lush Cluster said...

Haha spent Tuesday catching up on my bee blocks too. Mailing them this morning! Stash Bee looks amazing, just not sure I should sign up...must think on it...

Cille said...

What a lot of blocks :) Must feel great to be back on schedule again.

Kelly said...

It's making me feel tired just looking at all those blocks - they all look cool!

Katy Cameron said...

Well done on the catch up! I hope to get my blocks for the month out of the way this weekend.

Renee said...

Love the constellation blocks!!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Catching up looks good x

Kirsten said...

Lovely blocks - I need to do a bit of a catch up too:)

Nat at Made in Home said...

So many blocks!! ANd so different!

MsMidge said...

Good job! I did the same thing last week - catching up. Feel so much better about it!

Nicky said...

Well done - and I did look at stash bee but am going to resist the temptation!